All figures are in U.S. dollars and from continuing operations unless otherwise noted.
- “Attributable” includes Kinross’ share of Kupol (75% up to April 27, 2011, 100% thereafter) and Chirano (90%) production.
- “Adjusted net earnings from continuing operations attributable to common shareholders”, “Adjusted net earnings from continuing operations per share”, “Adjusted operating cash flow from continuing operations”, “Attributable production cost of sales from continuing operations per equivalent ounce sold” and “All-in sustaining cost” figures used throughout this report are non-GAAP financial measures. For the definition and reconciliation of these non-GAAP measures, refer to Section 11, Supplemental Information of Management’s Discussion and Analysis, in this 2012 Annual Report. Adjusted operating cash flow per share, also a non-GAAP measure, is defined as “adjusted operating cash flow” divided by the “weighted average number of common shares outstanding (basic)”. The weighted average number of common shares outstanding (basic) during the year ended December 31, 2012 was 1,139.1 million (2011: 1,136.0 million; 2010: 824.5 million).
- The comparative figures have been recast to exclude Crixás’ results due to its disposal on June 28, 2012.
- Reported net loss includes an after-tax non-cash impairment charge of $3,206.1 million in 2012 (2011: $2,937.6 million; 2010: $Nil; 2009: $Nil; 2008: $994.1 million).
- Net earnings (loss) figures in this report represent “net earnings (loss) from continuing operations attributable to common shareholders.”